Week One - Food Cravings and Trigger Foods
Week Two - Hormones and Neurotransmitters
Week Three - Spirituality and Meditation
Week Five - Codependency and Relationships
Week Seven - The Art of Letting Go
Week Four - Understanding the Addiction Loop
Week Six - Exercise and Mindful Eating
Week Eight - Relapse Prevention
What classifies you as a Food Addict?
Food Addiction definition
The truth about processed foods
Identifying addictive foods/triggers foods and behaviours that can cause compulsive overeating
Stages of Food Addiction
The Three Pillars of Recovery
- People with long-term success have incorporated mindfulness and spirituality into their lives
- The power of meditation & how to start meditating
- What is Spirituality & What is Not
- Review the Three Pillars of Recovery
- Home Work: Create a daily spiritual practice and share next week
- Co-dependency and addiction
- Navigating relationships
- Detaching with Love
- Identify the most difficult relationships in your life, and how they might affect your recovery
- Homework: Create your plan of self-care
- Set yourself up to win at the game of Exercise
- Giving back will strengthen you and help ensure your own recovery
- Mindful Eating
- Review the Three Pillars of Recovery
- The biological need for food vs the desire for food: Understanding Hormones and Neurotransmitters
- Craving management
- Getting to know your addictive voice
- Review of the Three Pillars of Recovery
- How will you Plan – Prepare – Protect the recovery you have?
- The dangers of chronic dieting
- Faulty thinking patterns and the addiction loop
- The role of neural pathways play in the habit of compulsive overeating
- Introduction of 12-step programs: How they work & comparisons of available options
- Principles of Recovery
- Dealing with intense feelings when the compulsive overeating stops
- Common myths about feelings emotions
- The great offenders: Fear & Anger/Resentment
- The Art of Letting Go – Acceptance
- What does progress REALLY look like?
- How do we achieve peace and not use food in situations where we have little to no control?
- Relapse Prevention
- Setting yourself up for success
- Making Recovery your # 1 priority
Each week for eight weeks, Sandra Elia will take you on a journey to help you find Food Serenity. Here is a breakdown of some of what you'll learn:
Welcome to Sandra Elia's 3-Part Free Video Series on Food Addiction Recovery!
What is Food Addiction?
Food is one of our most basic needs . . . But for some people, certain foods trigger overwhelming ‘feel-good brain chemicals’ that overtake their brain’s reward pathway. And they can’t stop eating. Literally.
In the same way that a smoker craves a cigarette or an alcoholic can’t stop after one drink, there are some folks who simply can’t stop eating after they take that first bite. Their brain is hijacked. Chemicals are racing and the addictive cycle has begun.
We call this food addiction.
Food addiction is a cluster of chemical dependencies on specific foods or food in general; after the ingestion of high palatable foods such as sugar, excess fat and salt the brains of some people develop a physical craving for these foods.
Sandra Elia is one of the world’s first Food Addiction Counselors. Sandra has worked alongside medical doctors and addiction doctors, to develop a program that has yielded tremendous success. Weight loss and most importantly the mind chatter with food is gone. Patients report having found peace with food.
It’s time for you to feel good!
Save 50% before July 1st
Ask yourself, do you:
- Do you think about food or your weight constantly?
- Do you find yourself attempting one diet or food plan after another, with no lasting success?
- Do you eat to escape from your feelings?
- Do you eat in secret?
- Have you ever hidden food to make sure you have “enough”?
- Do you feel driven to exercise excessively to control your weight?
- Do you obsessively calculate the calories you’ve burned against the calories you’ve eaten?
- Do you frequently feel guilty or ashamed about what you’ve eaten?
- Are you waiting for your life to begin “when you lose the weight”?
If you said yes to most of these questions, you may have a food addiction. And Sandra is here to help!
Sign up NOW
This Food Addiction Recovery program will give you the gift of Food Serenity.
Food Serenity is returning to a place where food is consumed for nourishment, energy and caring for your body. No longer using food to achieve a feeling, (numbing out, love, stress relief, “getting high”) but rather using food for its rightful purpose.
This will reward you with a healthy body size. No longer fearing food or fighting food, you will get to a place where you're safe and neutral with food and the mind chatter is gone forever!
This is a year-long program with 8 instructional videos and weekly support meetings, and a private Facebook group for creating friendship and connection.
You can attend the support meetings in-person or via Zoom (similar to Skype). Each week an inspiring and instructional video will arrive in your inbox, complete with resource links and action steps.
Knowledge + Action = Lasting change
The year-long support meetings are key to creating lasting change.